July 13, 2013

JOY in July - A Christmas Bunting

It's beginning to look a lot like...
Christmas in July!


That's our chosen theme for the Across the Pond Sew Along...


and it's also the reason for a fun blog hop

{I've already posted my Christmas Tree Topiary Pillow for the blog hop here.}


has come up with not one, 
but TWO free bunting patterns for her July contributions!

Gingerbread Bunting by The Patchsmith
JOY Bunting by The Patchsmith
I decided to make the JOY bunting for our living room.
I used scraps from Glace, an older Christmas line
by 3 Sisters for Moda.

{I love the aqua, brown and red floral and holly prints.}



I love how quickly this project came together.
I'm pretty sure I had it all finished in less than an hour.

The fusible applique was very simple.
I just stitched along the edges of the applique pieces.


I didn't have the shade of ribbon I wanted,
so I just sewed the pennants to a long piece of aqua binding,
taco-style.

{I just tucked the pieces between the folds, pinned into place,
and stitched along one edge.  Easy!}


This decoration will be so easy to store until Christmastime.
Look at my little bundle of JOY!


If you want to, you could add more pennants,
to make it as long as you like.


Today I'm decking the deck with boughs of holly.


This winter I should take new photos,
with snow, instead of grass, in the background.


I hope you'll join us and stitch up something
for Christmas in July.
You can add your photos to the ATPSA Flickr group.

If your December is super busy, like most people I know,
you won't be sorry you've planned ahead!




Pin It

8 comments:

  1. I love your fabrics... perfect for your home!!
    This is a great project! I'm up next!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house will be lovely in December!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It works so well with the charm squares - so quick and easy - and yours is very stylish. Love the fabric combos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good! Can't wait to see the pictures of your house at Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love the buntings. Especially love Gingerbread men. So cute. I really want to try these. Thanks so much for sharing.
    cheers
    maggie
    maggiemine42@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love the buntings. Especially love Gingerbread men. So cute. I really want to try these. Thanks so much for sharing.
    cheers
    maggie
    maggiemine42@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This just makes my heart sing with JOY!! :) (Sorry..I had to find SOMETHING to with with your 'little bundle of joy' and 'deck with boughs' puns....LOL!! But seriously, Amy, as ALWAYS, you just make me smile with your creations! I LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful joy bunting, it will go perfectly with your cushion. Love the fabrics you are using. xx

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and will read each and every one, even if I am not able to reply to all of them.