February 13, 2013

Be My Valentine

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!
How would you like to stitch up your own version of my
BE MY VALENTINE mug rug?
Etsy in my shop, called eamylove.
It's written in a tutorial style, with loads of step-by-step photos and tips!



I've had fun this month creating hearts
in anticipation of this lovely holiday,
and today I have a few more to share with you.

I love that ricrac
and all those little squares of pink and red and white.

I didn't have to go far to find some scraps
from my table runner and pillow
that were perfect for these mug rugs!

The trimmed pieces from the Herringbone Blocks
and leftover strips gave me a jumpstart,
 using these fabulous fabrics.



I'm not gonna lie...it took me a long while
to create a piece of patchwork made up of 
tiny little squares.

Then I did some cross-hatching
and cut a pretty heart shape from the quilted magic
that came from my sewing machine.

Here's where I veered away from the original...
I put my ricrac between the layers, to finish the edge.

{Love at first sight!}


Want to see the back?


So sweet...and fun to make, actually.
I just had to make another one.

Instead of all the little squares,
I pieced a large patchwork from those 
herringbone block trimmings,
then cut my heart shape.

This time I did some stipple quilting.


I had enough left for a third mug rug, too,
quilted in square cross-hatching again.

I like the way it looks like a crazy quilt.


Here are the backs of the whole set.


They look so pretty all together.


Each one is cute on its own, too!


I have such a great sense of accomplishment,
creating a few of these things that have
been in my mental Pinterest file
since before Pinterest came along!


I hope you'll enjoy
a very special St. Valentine's Day
with someone you love!


If you would like to make your own "Be My Valentine" mug rugs,
the pattern is available here on Craftsy, for only $2.99.
I'd love to see what you create!


Pin It

19 comments:

  1. They're adorable! I love what you did with the piecing and ric rac! I had some of those jelly hearts and they were gone in a day. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hearts are just precious and so delectable!!
    That little tea pot looks so cute with lots of different projects, doesn't it?!!

    Happy Valentine's Day, Amy!
    I love you and thank you so much for your help and encouragement in the sewing world!

    Love,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of your sweet mug rug hearts! The ric rac is the perfect finishing touch. Your photography is always so beautiful, too. Happy Valentine's Day Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!! I finally am freed up to do some sewing for myself now. I was an angel in the last swap I was in, so I had to use all my extra time creating for that. It's now shipped and I can work on my Across the Pond item for this month. Thanks for always being an inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh these hearts are so adorable! I remember Jodi's heart tutorial, it was put on my list of to do too ;) I love all your different interpretations of it. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are so cute and adorable wish i could sew like that!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I especially love the rick rack edging. These are precious. Molly::applecyder

    ReplyDelete
  8. I especially love the rick rack edging. These are precious. Molly::applecyder

    ReplyDelete
  9. My favorite is the random large patch and the ric rac is perfect and "frilly" for valnetine's. I think I have leftover red squares I can use..... and people eager for gifts LOL! They look great! You have been busy!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these. The ric rac is just great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are lovely. Where did you get the name tags?

    ReplyDelete
  12. How did you make your personalized ID tags for your sewn work? Those are adorable!

    I plan to make some of these mug rugs for coworkers- thanks for the idea!

    buddycare704@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just love these little hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so doing this! Thanks for the post. I pinned it under Lovey Stuff

    ReplyDelete
  15. The third is my favorite. Oh, what an inspiration! I have got to do this. It is the cutest thing. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, this is lovely, would love to do it tomorrow, am I the only one that cannot locate the PDF or tutorial??? Help @Amy!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hopping over from Creative Pixie. These are lovely!! Happy St. Valentine's Day!

    Blessings,
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hopping over from Creative Pixie. These are lovely!! Happy St. Valentine's Day!

    Blessings,
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and will read each and every one, even if I am not able to reply to all of them.