March 19, 2015

New Open Wide Pouches from Noodlehead

Having a husband and two teenage sons,
I don't get a lot of chances to sew girly stuff.
This month, though,
I decided to make a few Open Wide Pouches
from Noodlehead.


I decided to make some cosmetic bags
for three lovely young ladies who visit us often.

{Well...they really come over to see the guys.}

First off, I wanted to make a glamorous version,
so I chose black-and-white fabrics
with a hot pink zipper and interior.


Oops...I gave it away before I could get great photos,
but you can get the idea here.
The damask was so pretty, paired with the polka dots on the bottom.
The pop of pink reminds me of Paris.


If you use the measurements for the medium-sized pouch,
fat quarters work perfectly, even with a directional print.

I finally untied a treasured f/q bundle
of The Cottage Garden,
by the Quilted Fish, for Riley Blake.
Spring is nearly here, so I picked these fresh colors,
accented with a grass-green zipper.


The Cottage Garden features a text print that is
filled with inspiration quotes...
just right for girls who are competing and achieving.

DREAM BIG...shows up every time she opens this pouch.


Here's the finished pouch,
with the zipper closed. I love the shape of this pouch.


A little flower fit perfectly for the zipper tab.


This tutorial's impeccable instructions allow for success every time.


I made another pouch,
this time using the teal and steel tones
of The Cottage Garden bundle.


Oh, I wanted to keep this one.


I calmed myself..
 there are lots of prints in this palette
plus some nice-sized scraps left of these fabrics!


These modern and floral prints play so well together...
it's a lovely fabric line!


The finished pouch is nice and stable,
even before it's filled.
I always line the outer pieces and the lining
with Pellon ShapeFlex SF101 interfacing.


More inspirational reading inside...


I hope YOU will be inspired to sew something sweet for spring, too!


Pin It

10 comments:

  1. Your pouches are gorgeous. Love the fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely - all three are lovely. It must be really hard to give them away but at least you know you are spreading the fabric goodness around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy you do the loveliest work! Your attention to detail, coupled with a great eye for choosing fabrics always impresses me! Thanks for the laughter too ("I calmed myself" LOL)
    Your guys know some very lucky girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your girly pouches are so elegant! I know they will adore them. I think that gray and turquoise one is my favorite, by a smidge!
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely fabrics and the all the details you've added make them even more special.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful! I really like that cottage garden line- and you paired the fabrics so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  7. EYE CANDY! I adore these bags. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are a great inspiration for me! I wonder, what come first? The fabrics choise or the projecs! Always so fitting, so charming! Thanks for the tuto!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just love these.
    I also visited the site you told us about for the How-to. Thank You
    Where do you get your "eamylove" name labels?
    artandsoul57@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and will read each and every one, even if I am not able to reply to all of them.