March 15, 2016

My Pixie Basket

Have you see it the Pixie Baskets
making their way into blogs and
Instagrams and every quilter's heart?
Here's my contribution to this teeny trend.


Heidi Staple of Fabric Mutt
has generously provided a free tutorial,
so that anyone can make a Pixie Basket.
They require very little fabric and time...
and you get a whole bunch of cuteness in the end.


I used some scraps of Simply Color
by V and Co for Moda, for my basket.


I like the navy blue interior and the lime accent band
against a lighter outside fabric.
This little basket aren't destined to get very dirty, after all.
It will be kept on a pedestal and will only be asked to stay cute.


And speaking of cute...
can you barely stand the sweet buttons inside the basket?
They are a treasured gift from my dearest friend,
and I recognized those button cards right away.


by the incomparable Amy Sinibaldi of nanacompany.
You can print them and attach your own favorite buttons.
Trust me...they make an awesome present.

{Mother's Day is just around the corner, here in the USA...}


Just sayin'...
Pin It

7 comments:

  1. What a lovely little pixie basket. So many uses. I am going to make one too - yours is so pretty. And those button cards are so generous of Amy Sinibaldi. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute....love your fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet basket, It's perfect to hold some teabags. Which I ned to give as a gift in about a week. Thanks for sharing the tut.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet basket, It's perfect to hold some teabags. Which I ned to give as a gift in about a week. Thanks for sharing the tut.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always make such cute things, Amy! I've been admiring that Pixie Basket pattern and I'd love to make one some day. And those buttons! Lovely. Julie@TheCraftyQuilter.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Pixie basket is adorable Amy! I love the fabrics you combined for it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your basket is adorable. I have had this on a list of to-do someday!!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and will read each and every one, even if I am not able to reply to all of them.