March 5, 2016

Mr. Sunshine Mini Quilt Pattern - Supporting the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society

A brighter future lies ahead...


Someday we will wake up to a world
where the words, "You have cancer"
do not send people into a panic.

I'd like to do what I can to help
make leukemia and lymphoma treatable,
by supporting the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

My husband is an only child,
but he's had a best friend, Dan Chianese,
for over 50 years. They are like brothers.
"Dan the Man" was diagnosed with leukemia
two years ago.



Dan is fighting back as a candidate for the
One dollar equals one vote, from now until May 7, 2016.

The Man & Woman of the Year (MWOY) campaign is a spirited fundraising competition in communities across the U.S. in which participants build fundraising teams to compete for the title of Man or Woman of the Year. They raise funds for LLS blood cancer research in honor of local children who are blood cancer survivors, the Boy & Girl of the Year. The titles are awarded to the man and woman in each community who raises the most funds during the ten-week campaign; the top local fundraisers in the country also win the national titles. You can support their efforts by donating to or joining their campaigns, because everyone wins when cancer loses!

In Dan's honor,
I designed the Mr. Sunshine mini quilt.

Dan lives in Florida now,
so I decided to put some sunglasses onto
a sunburst design.


I will donate all of the sales of this pattern from now


The future is so bright that
even the SUN needs sunglasses!


Pin It

6 comments:

  1. What a lovely thing you're doing, Amy. I'm going to buy your pattern as soon as I'm done typing. I wish Dan the Man every success in every way! Julie@TheCraftyQuilter.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pattern... and your contribution to this cause.
    (This does capture Danny's personality and spirit!)
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pattern, fantastic cause! Congratulations. The tutorial is very well explained , with photos !! Thanks so much from Europe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pattern is wonderful Amy and for such a great cause....we are in the throws of "The World's Great Shave" day here in Australia. One of my sewing friends took part and had her head shaved...I rubbed her fuzzy head this week and she 'charged' me $5 towards the cause...LOL. Thanks for linking up and for the GREAT link back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's such a fun and sunny pattern Amy! Perfect for Dan the Man. What a great thing to create a pattern for this cause. I bought your pattern and plan to make my own Mr. Sunshine ASAP and then blog about it. I wish Dan complete victory over the leukemia!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw the one that Lara made and had to stop by! What a wonderful cause, I'm off to buy the pattern.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and will read each and every one, even if I am not able to reply to all of them.