March 20, 2012

PDF Pattern for Linen Pocket Ereader

This is so exciting!
I just finished a brandnew Tutorial Style
PDF Pattern for my


A while ago, I had a request for a custom order 
from my shop on Etsy, eamylove.

She loved the red Eiffel Tower print by Michael Miller 
that I used for this ereader cover...


But instead of the black polka dots, she wanted me to pair it with a beige linen.  Hmmmmmm...Oh, and she would like a pocket on the front, please.

I found some more of the Eiffel Tower print at fabric.com
and they also had some awesome European linen with fabulous texture...slightly nubby, in a gorgeous shade of khaki. 


Before long, this beautiful ereader cover was born.  
I'm so glad my customer mentioned linen!
{Watch for more linen accents in future posts!}


I just adore the covered button detail!


I made another linen pocket ereader cover recently and took photos along the way...

and made notes...


 and today I've listed my new pattern at eamylove on Etsy 
AND on Craftsy.

This particular sample was made with Amy Butler's Sunspots for the lining.
The linen is a classy shade of Oatmeal.
I love it with the Deer Valley circles by Joel Dewberry on the exterior.


If you want it, my sample is for sale, too, at eamylove on Etsy!


Can you believe...I happen to own a Deer Valley mug that matches!


{OK...it's actually my son's...from a YMCA camp in PA.}




Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Both are lovely and the covered button closure is perfecto!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pdf pattern looks like a good one. Guess what I was sketching in a meeting today? An e-reader cover! What a coincidence!
    Love your blog, it's exciting having your own one, isn't it?
    Claire

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and will read each and every one, even if I am not able to reply to all of them.