June 30, 2013

Christmas in July

If you're like me and you love Christmas,
you are going to love what's coming up this month!

First off, we'll have fun with the
Across The Pond Sew Along.
Susie has selected the theme for
this month, and it is
"Christmas in July!"

{I can hardly wait to see what Susie and Amanda are dreaming up.}


Also, I invite you to join the blog hop over at
as Julie hosts a new Christmas project
every day between July 12 and 19.

{I'll have something new and special to share, too!}


Here is the schedule for The Crafty Quilter blog hop:


July 12:  Amy - Amy Made That 
July 13:  Amanda - The Patchsmith
July 14;  Elaine - Summercrafter
July 15:  Sarah - Sarah Rose Quilts
July 15 - Patricia - Quilting Lines
July 17:  Sheri - Sunshine in the Attic
July 18:  Julie - The Crafty Quilter
July 19:  Wrap Up and prizes


Now, if you've been reading my blog all year,
you already know that I've been making
at least one Christmas-y project
each month, all year long.

{Nothing like waiting until June 29th to start this month's project!}

I decided to make some Holiday Gift Tags,
using the free patterns and tutorials
from Pretty by Hand and Nana Company blogs.

{I've had my eye on these beauties for such a long time!}

Photo from Nana Company blog

I had all the stuff on hand,
and just needed to collect everything and print the templates.

This is a really quick and fun project.
I was able to stitch up the basic tags very quickly.
I used some Pellon Decor-Bond
for the fusible interfacing.
It was easy to trace the pattern and cut out the shapes.

I added a bit of trim before I stitched the layers together.


The top-stitching helped to define
the curves on the fancy shapes.

{TIP:  I shortened my stitch length juuuuust a tad to 2.0.}


I used a Darice kit for making little teeny eyelets.
How easy!


Here's the reverse side...also very pretty.


Hmm...don't you think they still needed
a little something "extra"?

I got my little buttons out,
to see if any of those would work.


 Oooooh.  That's much better!


Then I had a couple of bright ideas.
I made this little folded hexagon,
and added that pretty red button.


I made the tiniest yo-yo
and added another button
I'd saved from a favorite dress.


I can't wait to make some more!


Maybe I'll just add a sticker on the back
with the "to" and "from" names.

{See the comments below for BETTER ideas!!!}


I would love to be able to use these over and over
through the years.



All in all, not a bad finish, for the end of June.
Come back often in July for more great Christmas ideas!





Pin It

11 comments:

  1. Oh my those are gorgeous and look time intense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are really cute! how about little vinyl pocket to the back?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are absolutely adorable!!! Thank you so much for the great idea. I will definitely have to try those out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those gift tags! I made a few for birthday gifts this past year. Maybe I should copy you and start making tags for Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i did the tag along last year it was fun !your tags look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tags are gorgeous, I love the special finishing touches you added.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh I LOVE those cute little tags. Vera mentioned a vinyl pocket on the back. You could also stamp to: from: and names and heat set them. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are terrific, and I really love the additions you made. Totally makes them. I love the holly on the first one!

    Great idea someone suggested about the vinyl pocket. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have just stolen my heart with theses precious tags! I remember drooling over them last year at Pretty by Hand. Yours are just as sweet and I love the added glam! And you know I have some of that same fabric in my stash!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your tags are soooo pretty, and those extra touches and embellishments just made them elegant!!
    Great idea to use them every year for family with labels. Vera's idea sounds good... or You could use the iron on fabric, with computer printed "to and from" , or write by hand on them with fabric ink....

    These are just so precious!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a sucker for tags, usually paper kind but this is a great idea and a keeper! Maybe to even hang on the tree after the gift giving!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and will read each and every one, even if I am not able to reply to all of them.