February 13, 2014

A Sweet Heart for Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day!


If you've been reading my blog
since last year, you may remember


{These little sweet hearts have been really popular on Pinterest!}

The quilted hearts with ricrac are some of my favorite items
I've ever sewn...


In this post, I shared a new heart in rustic tones,
made with Modern Meadow fabrics from Joel Dewberry.


Now I've created a new version,
using some of my precious Paris Flea Market fabrics,
from the first release.

{I think these prints were my first real fabric "crush".}


I love the sunny yellow colorway...
it's so cheery, even in the heart of winter.


I spent some time creating a patchwork of tiny squares.
Then I quilted a fine crosshatch throughout.
It's more heavily quilted than the ones I made last year.


For the back, I chose a lovely script print,
also in golden yellow.

{For reasons I will never understand, the text prints were not re-released
with the other fabrics from the Paris Flea Market line.}


I KNOW you're going to ask me where I get my labels...
I found mine HERE on Etsy.

{Someday I promise to do an entire post about those little labels.}


I hope you'll find time to enjoy this special day with someone you love!




Pin It

15 comments:

  1. I absolutely love these! Very sweet. Happy Valentine's day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Amy for this sweet caramel heart! I love red and green colours usually, but this last mug rug is my favorite today! Happy Valentine's day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those ricrac hearts so much! Thank you for sharing them with us again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are so cute! The Ric Rac makes them extra special!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very fun! I may have to try these sometime... Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful!! I am a fan of PFM as well. It's so soft and romantic....just looking at it puts you in a happy place. So, I see I've missed several of your blog posts. For whatever reason the email notifications have been ending up in my spam folder, along with a few other blogs I follow. No wonder I'm so behind! Happy Valentine's Day to you and yours! Wishing you a day filled with love and chocolate! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These mug rugs are so sweet. The ric rac edging is so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh I do love ric rac. The yellow is my favorite, but yellow is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sweet mug rug... you KNOW I love that line of fabric!
    Happy Valentine's Day to you and the family!
    love you,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute! Cute! Cute! My friend Vicki (A Quilter's Mission) made me one of these and gave it to me today!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE these mug rugs! Happy Valentine's Day Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh the hearts are so cute!! I thought the red ones were pretty
    special, but they are just as nice in the other tones. You could
    use those for any occasion.
    Cheers, Anita.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just to sweet! Thanks for the share. Flicsha

    ReplyDelete
  14. From the rug to the candies...it all looks so delicious!!! Beautiful work!

    Here's to hoping you are well and warm!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice color change, you can't tell if your coffee or tea spilled! brownie points for sure!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and will read each and every one, even if I am not able to reply to all of them.