November 7, 2012

Across The Pond Sew Along - now launching!

Here's a trick question for you:
Q:  What is more fun than sewing?

{Do you give up?}

A:  Sewing with your friends and family!

That's why my friend Amanda of The Patchsmith
and my sister Susie of Susie's Sunroom
are teaming up with more sewing buddies
{Maxine}and family members {Lea} to launch
the Across the Pond Sew Along!


Our mission is to motivate one another to sew
something every month that ties us together, 
even while we are separated by an ocean.

{No stress...lots of laughter...and support for one another.}

We don't have any sponsors...at this point...
but you still may see some giveaways over the coming months.
;)

November is our kick-off month,
and we'll all be designing our own versions of
which is a pattern I created myself!


We welcome you to join us!
Start by grabbing the button on my sidebar, if you've got a blog.

No blog?  No problem!
Join the Flickr group, and post your photos
that relate to the sew along.
Chime in on the threads, or start a new one.

If you need a pattern to get started this month,
you can find one on Craftsy...






Need a few more ideas of how this tote bag
looks made with other fabrics?

Here are some I've made in the past...

The first version was for Jennifer's wedding,
smart and sophisticated...softly tailored.

{Just like the bride and her bridesmaids!}


Martinique prints by 3 Sisters for  Moda
Later I developed the accent pleat, which I sometimes choose to ruffle!
How about this version, ready for a cruise?

Resort by Michael Miller

You know how I love Aviary fabrics from Joel Dewberry.
This one features the originally released line.
I love the sparrow prints in every colorway, but this one is so striking.


The new colorways in Aviary 2 were impossible to resist!



This fantastic line, Summer Soiree by Paula Prass
is another line I've gotten a lot of mileage from!


Once I made a custom order diaper bag, 
using Delilah by Tanya Whelan...
another one of my go-to fabric lines.



I think this one is my fave to-date...
Savannah from Michael Miller was the featured fabric.


I've been carrying this Eiffel Tower tote
for a year and a half now.
I get compliments on it everywhere I go.


Now it's time to make a fresh new tote bag for myself!
I've got my fabrics chosen and hope to have
time for sewing very soon!

As soon as my own new tote is finished, I'll share photos.
It's going to be sew much fun!


Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like so much fun. With a new grand baby due this month I might not be able to join in until January....but would like to at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a versatile bag , and looks so sharp! It'll be a great gift for someone over the holidays, too!

    Can't wait to see what everybody makes!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amy!!
    I am now following you after our connection on Flickr :) Your blog is lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy...I can ALWAYS count on your for inspiration!! And now I have an excuse to sew the bag right away!! This is awesome!! I'll be joining along! And all your bags....absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all your tote bags! It's so nice to see so many great color and fabric combinations!!! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and will read each and every one, even if I am not able to reply to all of them.