August 4, 2012

Anita Vacation Tote!

Sometimes you just need a vacation…
or a vacation tote, or a new diaper bag.

Allow me to introduce my latest tutorial-style pattern for...
my brand-new bag, which I've named 
the Anita Vacation Tote!




In my stash, I've been collecting lots of the great prints
from the Going Coastal collection
by Emily Herrick for Michael Miller.

{Here's a glimpse of what I've been gathering.}




I chose four of my favorites for my own personal summer tote.


The bottle cap print is the focal fabric.
The navy starfish will keep the bag from looking dirty on the bottom.
Those orange crabs are just irresistible,
and that funky plaid reminds me of Rodney Dangerfied.

{It just makes me smile.}





I came up with a roomy bag that will be perfect for vacationing,
or just carrying around every day.



There's an inset zippered pocket on the inside for my wallet and cell phone...

{And it's ORANGE!}



On the other side of the interior I added a strip pocket for
sunglasses, pens, lipstick and other stuff I need to find easily.



That leaves a big room interior for small purchases, books, 
or even a beach towel!

{I always keep lots of reading materials and other stuff in my bag.}





While I was sewing, I took dozens of photos...


and copious notes every step of the way.



Not only did I end up with a great bag to carry,
but also a PDF pattern to let others make their own version.

Wouldn't you love to learn how to make two-toned handles?


Or how to install an inset zipper or magnetic snaps?


You can purchase your copy 
of the Anita Vacation Tote PDF Pattern
and download it instantly at Craftsy.

{If you make one, be sure to share photos with me.
You could be featured on my blog!}





Pin It

6 comments:

  1. This is a lovely bag! I love those fabrics too:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great tote and your stitching skill, as always, is just fantastic! Love the fabrics together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful bag... this bag can hold a lot, and still look so sophisticated!
    I love your PDF downloadable patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This really IS lovely! Great use of the fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your bag! So much detail... Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the tote so summery and crazy for the orange inside zipper. I have to practice zippers. HOw long did that take? Great job!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and will read each and every one, even if I am not able to reply to all of them.