February 3, 2013

Cupid's Arrow Table Runner

I love a good sew along!
First I joined the Zakka Style sew along...

and then I started my own sew along,
along with The Patchsmith
and Susie's Sunroom.

{That was fun, using the same word...along...twice in a row!}

I just finished another sew along,
home of the fabulous free daily tutorial!

We made projects using the Herringbone Block,

I wanted to use this stack of 
pretty Valentine-y fabrics for my project,
which was a table runner.

I kept my first block aside and will use it for 
for the Across The Pond Sew Along.

{Soon, I hope!}

I made the rest of my half-blocks,
but did not stitch them together in pairs.
Instead, I used creamy white sashing strips between each half-block.

I alternated the directions of the chevrons,
to get a pretty zigzag effect for the table runner.

I followed the lines of the block, quilting every 1/2".

At the midpoint of the sashings,
I changed direction of the quilting,
which gave an awesome Arrow effect...
so I named my finished table runner
Cupid's Arrow.

I used more creamy white for the outer border,
and then I tried something new.
I finished it off with a scrappy binding.

I had lots of strips left over from cutting fabric for the blocks,
and this was a fun way to use them up!

I am totally enamored with this table runner.

The back is as pretty as the front, made
with the Giddy print by Sandy Gervais for Moda.

I used lots of other Moda prints, too...
from Vintage Modern, Oh Deer,Kissing Booth,
Sweet and Bliss.

Do you love it, too?

I have the Cupid's Arrow table runner up for sale 

Maybe you could drop a hint to your sweetheart
if you'd like it for Valentine's Day!

{Watch for more new goodies in my shop soon.}

Pin It


  1. The table runner is gorgeous. I love those reds!

  2. This is beautiful, Amy! I'm so excited for your Across the Pond project for the month. Hearts are my favorite. :)

  3. Red fabric to die for here!! Love your table runner and your quilting too.

  4. Red fabric to die for here!! Love your table runner and your quilting too.

  5. I "heart" your table runner! It's just gorgeous!

  6. It's really amazing. I love it. And I just love all your fabric choices! Very clever. The sashing is neat. I like how it splits up the design.

  7. Finally I get to visit some blogs again. Amy I am so glad there is so much to see that runner is a dream!! And those fabrics look familiar ; )


I look forward to your comments and will read each and every one, even if I am not able to reply to all of them.