September 21, 2012

Tea and Cakes Mug Rug

Hello, again, friends.
It's been six months now since I began blogging,
and I've really enjoyed meeting new bloggers
and readers from around the world!

I wish I could invite each of you to come over 
for a nice cup of tea.

{Blogging is nice, though, because you can make your own cup of tea...
or coffee...or whatever you enjoy, and sit down at your computer for a visit any time!}


One of my new-found friends is Amanda, The Patchsmith.
Amanda has been busy churning out mug rugs 
ever since we arranged our little swap.

{You can read about it here and here.}



And now, Amanda is busy designing patterns,
so you, too, can make sweet little mug rugs!

{Here's my version of the Scotties Mug Rug.}


One of her latest patterns is called Tea and Cakes.
I just had to make this one, being a big fan of tea.


 I chose some more of my Fig Tree Quilts fabrics...
little scraps from Dandelion Girl, left over from my Bird Song quilt.


Also, I had some bits from another Fig Tree line called Urban Indigo.

{See the print on the binding and the main body of the cup?}


I used fusible webbing for the appliques and fusible fleece for the batting.
and in no time I was done with this little sweetie!


I loved this color scheme so much that I made a matching pincushion.




{I'm making a bunch of these pincushions, so they will be
featured soon in their very own post.}

Come back soon, to share another teatime adventure!


Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Sew perfectly cute!!! The fabric is just right for Tea and Cakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my you have been busy. Everything is going to be so co-ordinated in your home - what with the Zakka boxes, the pin-cushions, quilt, mug rug - have you enough scraps left to make yourself a apron so that you fit in?
    Love your quilting on the mug rug.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely delightful fabric for the tea and cake and pincushion! They are so adorable!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and will read each and every one, even if I am not able to reply to all of them.