October 8, 2012

Tumbler Mug Rug Pattern - Now Available!

It's no secret I'm a mug rug lover!

I've devoted several posts to the magic of mug rugs already!

There was my Zakka Style sewalong version...


which led me directly to a mug rug swap with

I made this one for Amanda...

{which led me directly to a wonderful friendship that spans the Atlantic Ocean.}

And Amanda made this one for me!

Pretty soon The Patchsmith started to design her own patterns
for mug rugs.  I've had a chance to try out a couple of them...


and I want to make the all!



Not to be outdone by The Patchsmith,
I've created my own PDF pattern for the Tumbler Mug Rug.


I've made two Tumbler mug rugs in the past,
and I've been thinking that they would make a great pattern.

Here's the first version I made, which became my blog header.


I love the way all that straightline quilting
takes a classic quilter's shape, the Tumbler,
and makes it modern and sophisticated!



I used some of the prints from Paula Prass's Botanika,
which gave it a decorator style, paired with a taupe linen.


For the second mug rug I made for The Patchsmith swap,
I chose fabrics with the feel of a picnic...
softer and more like the English countryside,
I imagined.



For my new pattern's sample,
I poked around in my Aneela Hoey Box to see what might be fun.


{No, really...it's my Aneela Hoey Box.  That's what I call it!}


I only needed about 1/4 yard of fabric, a few other scraps, 7 charm squares...


and a narrow strip of fabric for the machine binding.



Here's the front of the finished sample...


 and look what I did on the back!


I just love the piece of selvage on the back,
and that Girl on a Swing fussy-cut block.


{I'd say this mug rug is reversible now!}

Would you like to make your own Tumbler Mug Rug?


The PDF pattern is now available for only $3






It's affordable enough to make just one,
or a dozen for all your teachers and friends
and hairdressers and moms and kids and cousins...


Yep, it's getting to be that time of the year!

{I'm linking up to Sew Much 2 Luv for the Handcrafted Holiday Sew and Stitch Along!}


Pin It

3 comments:

  1. This pattern for a mug rug is really pretty!
    I really like how you show pictures of the machine quilting on this blog and in the pattern, too.

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to give this a whirl! I need more practice on my quilting (that still leaves a bit to be desired...lol). Beautiful mug rugs, Amy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to try! I don't drinks coffee or tea but everyone Elsa does! Great job! Aneela box? I want one; )

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and will read each and every one, even if I am not able to reply to all of them.