August 31, 2012

Scotties and Westies Mug Rug

Have you ever bought a piece of fabric for your stash
that you KNEW would make the perfect project,
if only the perfect pattern came along?

{Do you even know what I'm talking about???}

I do that sometimes.  A lot, actually.
My stash is filled with interesting pieces that I'm saving
for "something special".

One of my examples is the sweet
black and white and red
Scotties print from Urban Zoologie
by Ann Kelle for Robert Kaufman.



My mom's friend has a West Highland Terrier,
or a Westie, named Penny.  
Wouldn't a mug rug be the perfect gift for her?

{I knew you'd agree!}


{Photo via Pinterest}
Recently the Perfect Pattern appeared out of nowhere!
My dear friend from the UK, The Patchsmith,
recently published some darling patterns,
including one for a Scottie Dog Mug Rug!



This morning I pulled out my 
black-and-white-and-red-all-over prints...



And got started sewing!

My sister has also made up a version of this pattern, 
and as she predicted, I finished it in no time.



{Little Penny is meeting a new friend!}


I took a bunch of photos while I made the binding, 
and in the very near future I will be posting a free tutorial
right here on my blog
about how I make my machine binding!


{Machine binding looks almost as good on the back as it does on the front!}



As if that's not exciting enough,
if you hurry on over to The Patchsmith
by September 3, you can enter to win this pattern!



{If you don't win, or if you miss the deadline, it's available for purchase on Craftsy!}

The giveaway is part of the Quilting Gallery's Blog Hop Party!
I'm participating, too!
Visit this post to register to win a copy of my
Anita Vacation Tote PDF Pattern!



And look what else I had stashed away,
waiting for the perfect mug rug...
a Scottie MUG!
 



Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for taking my little pattern and making it so beautiful. I should've guessed you would have the perfect fabric, the perfect 'eye' and the perfect skill to make it so adorable. But the mug as well?? That is just showing off!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and will read each and every one, even if I am not able to reply to all of them.