August 30, 2012

Have You Tried Bow Tucks?

It happens to all of us...every year...
another BIRTHDAY!

This week we celebrated my mother-in-law's birthday.

{I know mother-in-laws have the starring role in many jokes, 
but I'm happy to say I've got a great one!  I'm very lucky, I know!}

I needed to come up with a present for her...

Hmmm...a new can opener?

{She just got one of those.}


A new car?

{She doesn't really like to drive.  Whew!}


A puppy?

{She already has a Grand-dog, so I don't think she needs her own puppy!}


It was time to GO TO my go-to present...
the Mini Bow Tucks Bag!


I must have made dozens of these bags over the past few years.


Lots of my friends carry them...


And they ask me to make a new one every once in a while, when they want a fresh new look.


My mother-in-law likes to wear neutral colors like tan,
and fall is coming soon to Pennsylvania,
so I pulled out some chocolatey browns from my stash.

I decided to use lots of prints from Breakfast at Tiffany's
by Fig Tree Quilts for Moda.

{I think it came out in 2011, and I invested heavily in it!}

Here's the result...


I love this bag so much.  It's got the soft support that comes from
Pellon 987F fusible interfacing.


The inside has a strip pocket, for those of us who love an organized purse.


I add in my own modifications...a zippered pocket and a magnetic snap.



Most of all I love those sweet bow tucks...


they make the shape of the purse so youthful and pretty,
with no need for a visit to the doctor!


{Happy Birthday, Jeanne!}

Pin It

6 comments:

  1. You make THE cutest bags!! What a perfect gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This bag is adorable! I'm going to have to search for the pattern. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such rich colors and Polka Dot Perfection... this is so gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never made one, but the Orange Joel Dewberry one is ADORABLE!!! I might have to look into that style.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love to sew bags with this feature... Makes such a different effect...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful bags! I can imagine friends ask you to make one for them. Is the pattern easy to make?

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and will read each and every one, even if I am not able to reply to all of them.