June 1, 2012

Pyrex-omania and Other Vintage Loves

I know I'm not the only one, when I say...

I LOVE VINTAGE !!!

There used to be a shop near my home,
where several crafters sold their wares on consignment.

{That's where I found many of my Bob's Boxes, shown in this post!}


One time I was shopping there, and I found these two tiny tea pots...


{Not in perfect condition, but irresistible to me!}



I keep them in my kitchen, because I love the colors.



Now that I have a blog, I use them as styling props.

{Aren't they cute?!?!?!?}


So when I made this mug rug, the yellow one came in handy.
And one of my most favorite parts of that mug rug is...
the little Pyrex bowl!

{See it in the upper left-hand corner?}


Somehow I mentioned the phrase "Pyrex bowl"
to my mother the other day.
Ever so casually, she mentioned
"You know, I have a set of those nesting Pyrex bowls."

{Were my ears DECEIVING me???}

"You can have them, if you want them."

{I love you, Mom!!!}


I went and got them posthaste.

{I don't read Jane Austen books for nothing!}

They look great in my kitchen, and I even USE them!

{They make my cooking taste better, too!}


I'm showing them here on a little quilt I made a looooong time ago.
My mom {also} has a vintage quilt made by her uncle's mother.
It's a Bow Ties quilt from feedsacks, and it's beautiful.

{Someday I'll have to show it...
 but I bet she'll think I'm trying to sneak it home if I take pictures of it right now!}

It inspired me to make this little one,
from the book by Little Quilts authors 
Alice Berg, Mary Ellen Von Holt, and Sylvia Johnson,
titled Little Quilts All Through the House.



I made it about 10 years ago...so it's practically vintage itself!



I still love it...I remember how much I enjoyed the hand-quilting,



And stitching all those Y-seams!


{Maybe I've glamorized the past...just a bit!}



Now it's time to go and mix up something special in
my new favorite bowls.


{What's your favorite vintage find?}






Pin It

3 comments:

  1. I'm a pyrex collector...or I should say...was. I try not to collect too much because my cupboards are packed! But I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Mom had one of those big yellow pyrex bowls. Most Sunday evenings we would have popcorn served in that bowl. Such good memories coming from a picture of pyrex bowls!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and will read each and every one, even if I am not able to reply to all of them.