April 1, 2013

April Across The Pond Sew Along


Believe it or not...it's already time for our next theme

It was Susie's turn to choose the project,
and you are going to love her selection...

We're making Journal Covers!

Susie has already whipped up a couple of beautiful
covers, for inspiration.



Not to be outdone,
Amanda the Patchsmith
has already posted her two models as well!

Here is one lovely version...
with butterfies as beautiful as those found in nature...



And this is the second one she created!

{What is that, "peeping" from the corner?  
The latest mug rug in the series of sweetness from The Patchsmith! 
I love it with that spotty mug!}


I've been spending more time in the kitchen
but I've managed to research some great links
for journal cover patterns and tutorials.

First up is a Moda Bake Shop project,
courtesy of the beautiful blog called Bloom.

{Look...two lovely versions, and one uses linen...so zakka!}


Next up is something a bit different...
more like a portfolio
or list maker style,

{The print selection is just perfect, don't you think?}


Vikki from Sew Useful Designs
shares another method for covering a notebook,
and her instructions for customizing are excellent!

{I like the binding idea, too!}


Here's one from sew grown
that uses a different technique altogether
with linen, a print accent band,
and a lovely velvet ribbon embellishment.


Melanie from The Crafty Cupboard
shares a sweet version
with some pocket details.
It's the most recent one I've found,
and the prints she has chosen are so sweet!

{I feel her pain, with the oops moment she had. ha ha ha}


Now, if you're in the mood to purchase a PDF pattern,
 here's one that looks so super cute!


{This is just one of several versions she includes.}


Which one shall I make???
Or will I find even more ideas over at
and

{Come back soon to see what I come up with...we'd love to have you sew along!}


Pin It

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing all of these links for notebook covers! This is a great idea. I'd like to make one just to keep all of my blogging ideas in. And of course I'll need one just for quilting stuff and before you know it I'll end up making one for each of my daughters too!
    Julie @ The Crafty Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love journal covers! Looks like fun. Can't wait to see what you do. I know it will be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and will read each and every one, even if I am not able to reply to all of them.