April 25, 2013

Christmas in April

Back in January,
I made a commitment to myself to sew
at least one Christmas-y item each month.

As it turns out, I wasn't the only one 
who had this great idea!
Julie, The Crafty Quilter, really has her act together,


And now I'm linking up with Christmas Through The Year
at Lily Patch Quilts, too!
Head on over there for even more ideas and a linky party.

I wondered whether I would have trouble
with motivation when warmer weather arrived
and the trees were budding.




As it turns out,
while I was stitching away on my new
I felt...downright festive!





I had made this pillow once before,
using my must-have-in-the-house-at-all-times
Pellon 987F Fusible Fleece.



For this new version,
I had a jumpstart, since
I had already cut out my snowflake design...


and chosen my Cherry Christmas fabrics.


I did a bit of stitching here...



and some quilting there...



and pretty soon I was ready to make the back of the pillow.


I used my very own tutorial for a


I was grateful for the good tips I'd written down,
because it's been a little while since I made a pillow.



My house is going to look so merry this Christmas!



Stay tuned...now that I'm pillow-happy,
I'm going to finish off my Copenhagen Pillow!

{It's about time, right?}




Pin It

13 comments:

  1. Oh Amy, what an awesome idea! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, cute again! :-) We are still in the 30s here, so I am not feeling festive or like sewing for Christmas! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your little trees and hearts that make the cutout shapes!! And the quilting just sets it off!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely project, Amy, I'm almost tempted to go make Christmas projects myself (but not quite yet...) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your snowflake cushion is gorgeous, love all your tutorials too, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your pillow and also your label. Where do you have your labels made?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karen - I always buy my labels from a shop on Etsy called Bitsy Creations. Aren't they cute?

      Delete
  7. Thanks for sharing the pillow and your tutorial for cocered zipper pillow backs. I am trying to make some Christmas gifts early too and this is an idea I really like. I saw your answer about labels and I am going to check that our also.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your pillow and crochet squares!! You inspired my blog post today ...if you have time go take a peak , I mentioned your amazing work a few times :-)

    thanks for all the inspiration!
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute version of the original! Your covered zipper tutorial is my "go to" for any pillow I make. I love the colors you chose for this one - it's definitely going to add a festive touch to the holidays!
    Julie @ The Crafty Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful pillow, I printed off your pillow tutorial today so I can maybe conquer my fear of zips!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cushion for the Festive season.... visiting you from CTTY linky x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your snowflake pillow is so pretty. Thanks for the tutorial and your crochet squares are beautiful!
    Thanks for linking up with CTTY!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and will read each and every one, even if I am not able to reply to all of them.