April 6, 2012

Zig Zag Zakka Tote Bag

Have you ever joined in a sew-along online?
I decided to join the Zakka Style Sew Along, which started this week.


It's the brainchild of Lindsey of LR Stitched 


I bought my copy of the Zakka Style book by


Zakka Style: 24 Projects Stitched With Ease to Give, Use & Enjoy (Design Collective)

I'm starting to {heart} linen myself!
I've noticed how linen can add a touch of sophistication and texture
to any project, from mug rugs...


to ereader covers.



The first project of the Sew Along is the Zig Zag Tote Bag.
Here's my finished bag.  I used Charcoal Linen for the front, 
with pink, white and red prints.



Shown here are Nicey Jane {Hop Dot} by Heather Bailey,
and a bit of Farmer's Market by Sandi Henderson.



Since I prefer to use linen in small doses, 
I used more of the Hop Dot on the back of the bag, instead of linen.


I love the side view!



For the lining, I chose more Nicey Jane...
this is {Lindy Leaf}.


The most fun part, for me, was the straight-line zigzag quilting,
to echo the patchwork zigzags!




{Guess what?}
I can't wait for MONDAYS now!
That's when each new project begins for the Sew Along.
Come and join us, okay?



If you really love my Zigzag Zakka Tote,
it's available for purchase in my shop, eamylove, on Etsy!
Go to my Easter post,  if you missed it earlier!
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Your bag is gorgeous! I love Nicey Jane and it's looks perfect with the Meadowsweet and linen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lindsey. Your sew along is off to a great start!

      Delete
  2. So pretty! I love the colors/fabrics and the stitching is sublime!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and will read each and every one, even if I am not able to reply to all of them.