October 5, 2015

More Farm Girl Vintage Blocks...Winter Star and Wooly Sheep

The Farm Girl Vintage sew along
is almost finished.
All over blogland, people are posting
their progress and finishing their quilts!
It's been sew exciting, hasn't it?


Today I'm sharing two more of my blocks.
In the true spirit of "nearly finished"
may I present my Wooly Sheep block?

{I have not yet embroidered the skinny little legs.}


I decided to make my lamb grey and white.
I love his sweet little gingham face.
And that little tail is hilarious!


He is just so fluffy and chubby looking!


I am really fond of the grassy green that I used,
one of the last bits of that piece from
Fresh Air, by American Jane.


I think a whole flock of these would be an adorable
baby quilt - for either a boy or a girl.
Counting sheep puts little ones to sleep!


The other block is quite different...
a touch of elegance called Winter Star.
I used the same gray print for the sheep body,
in the inner star points, but it's got a whole new vibe.



I am truly in love with this beauty!
I enjoyed making it, every step of the way.


It was a bit of a challenge to line up
the little pieces just right.


I think the colors are just right for wintertime...
icy blue, frosty white, and cardinal red.


This is definitely one of my favorite blocks
from the book...but when I take them all out to create my quilt,
I'm sure I'll find lots more "favorites" all over again.


Come back soon to see my last Farm Girl Vintage block!
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Adore both of these. Each time you post a block I think "that is my favourite" but it isn't true - they are ALL my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in love too! **sigh** Beautiful and charming! Beautiful fabrics, beautifully sewn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos of beautiful blocks Amy! Woolly sheep is just adorable - especially so because you chose the perfect fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOve, love this block. Such great colors!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and will read each and every one, even if I am not able to reply to all of them.