September 27, 2020

Hello, Autumn

Hello, Friends!

It's been quite a while since I've posted.
Something happens every year,
that refreshes me and recharges my creativity...
it's called Autumn.


Here in Pennsylvania,
fall shows up for a day or two here and there,
before the leaves change
and summer goes away for a long long time.
It's perfect weather for a caramel latte
and some homemade pumpkin bread.


The colors of fall lift my spirits,
and they show up in flowers as well as on the trees.


My husband and I recently bought a Cricut Maker.
I hope to share lots of projects in the future.
I made my sign to usher in my favorite season.
I started with a round unfinished board from Lowe's,
which I sanded along the top edge.
I stained the board in a traditional finish.
Next I used painter's tape to create 
an antique white band with chalk paint.


Now I was ready to make my stencil using the Cricut Maker,
some removable vinyl.
I had fun picking out the fonts and a sweet saying. 

{I prepared the surface with some Mod Podge, to prevent bleeding of the letters.}



I hot-glued a pretty fall floral pick that I bought
from Michaels. I love the interesting colors of the pumpkins.
I popped in some little berries and a few loops of burlap ribbon.


There are loads of videos and how-to posts out there,
that anyone can use to spark their creativity.
It's been really fun to figure out how to make various
projects, and we're just getting started.


I hope you'll meet me back here later for more projects!
What are you working on?

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and will read each and every one, even if I am not able to reply to all of them.