January 16, 2014

Getting Skinny for 2014

I'm not really a fan of New Year's resolutions.
This year, though,
I've decided to GET SKINNY,
and I'm inviting all of my quilty friends
to join me!

{Come on...it's going to be FUN!}

We're getting skinny by having...


No matter what your dress size,
and even if you don't think of yourself as a skinny girl,
you can do this!
It's so easy!!!

to create a one-of-a-kind,
made-by-you, made-for-your-swap-partner



Maybe you remember the month
the Across The Pond Sew Along.

{Susie is super skinny - she made two of them! So inspiring!}

Susie's pair of Skinny Pincushions
My sweet bloggy friend Nesta,
somehow came up with the idea to have a
Skinny Pincushion swap.
It's going to be just the cure for the winter blahs!

Nesta's skinny and sweet pincushion
A Skinny Pincushion is easy to make.
You can add some assorted goodies just for fun,
then send it off to a happy new friend...
and wait for your OWN Skinny Pincushion to arrive
from another swappy friend!

The Patchsmith designed a sewing mat to go with her skinny pincushion!
Here's the skinny on the swap:

1. Email me to tell me you would like to join the swap.
eamylove@aol.com

2. Specify whether you are able to ship internationally,
or if you would only want a partner in the US, 
or your home country.

3. Include your own mailing address in the email.
Also include any likes/dislikes and requests about colors, themes, or size.

4. Spread the word to other friends who might want to Get Skinny!

5. The swap registration will close on January 31, 2014 at midnight.

6. You will receive the mailing address of your partner from me,
via email, sometime in the first week of February.

7.  Create your Skinny Pincushion and mail it to your partner 
by February 28, 2014.

That's all!
We have started up a Flickr page,
and you can get ideas or cheer others on,
as they get skinny.

I found lots of inspiration on our Across The Pond Flickr page:

I think this is the BACK of the one by Elly of Mad4Patchwork!
The front is so sweet, too!

So many cute little motifs on one skinny pinny!

Vera of Negligent Style used selvages to make hers unique
and fascinating.

Vera is motivating me to get skinny right now!
Cindy's Skinny Pinny is so stylish
and sweet, in every detail.
Those buttons are just so charming!

Visit Cindy at Adventure's of the Singing Quilter for more ideas.
Pennie Pins posed her poodle pinnie
on Flickr.
Pennie's poodles are sitting pretty for healthy snacks.

Top 5 reasons "Getting Skinny" was never so easy:

5.You can do it in less than an hour.

4. All of your clothes will still fit you, no matter what your size.

3.  You can lie down while you Get Skinny,
and you won't need a nap when you're done.

2. While you are getting skinny,
you can eat chocolate or ice cream,
or even chocolate ice cream!

1. You'll have a new Skinny friend,
when it's all done!

So sign up now by emailing me at eamylove@aol.com.
We'll all Get Skinny together!


Pin It

17 comments:

  1. I am in!!! Emailing now! such a simple and fun swap!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay - this sounds so much fun! I wanna get Skinny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to get skinny!! Sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm " Gettin' Skinny with it!" What fun!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to participate in this swap but I'm looking forward to participating in a future one! I have a baby coming. (c:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you've got such a wonderful reason that you can't join in this time...Now is NOT the time to get skinny! Best of luck with your delivery, and stay in touch when the new baby arrives!

      Delete
  6. It is cool idea but I already have so many plans and things going on so you guys have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem...we will just use your selvage pincushion as a skinny model. So glad you made that one!

      Delete
  7. Hi Amy, count me in.. the only way to get skinny... love the idea... will share with friends.......

    ReplyDelete
  8. hello there
    We would like to get skinny! The Mother especially!! Hee...hee... Can we join in? Baa.xxx, Miss H and the Mother. Can we each make one please?

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad I found you! I am in too! This looks like a fun little project.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! This sounds easy enough. I'd love to join also Amy! I just may tie it in to some other projects I have lined up, I love the double dipping! THanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea! Sorry I missed out on this one. Is there another one planned?

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sound so cute, wish I had seen it earlier. If you have another event planned I hope I can join. I am now following you. I'v only been blogging a few months, but I really enjoy it. Most people are really friendly and helpful when I get stumped about something. Stop by when you get a minuet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, yes, yes, Please have another Spring, 2014 skinny pincushion swap. I will join for sure. I have already made several of these darling pincushions and they are so handy.
    Thanks! nettiecrain@live.com

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and will read each and every one, even if I am not able to reply to all of them.