August 18, 2015

Mama Hen and Milking Day Blocks

I hope you are enjoying the Farm Girl Vintage
sew along as much as I am!
Sweet blocks and quilts are all over Instagram
and the blogging world.

I made a great big giant Baby Chick block
that I'm not really liking (in the 12 1/2" size).
It's so big that I can't really get a great photo of it.
The little heart in the corner is sweet, though.



I'm happy to say that the Mama Hen block really pleased me,
when I made it up as a 6 1/2" square.


I LOVE the colors and prints together.
I decided not to embroider the eye,
because she just looks finished to me.


She looks so smart and sophisticated in her glamour shot.


The next block in the book was just as much fun to make...
Milking Day!

I loved choosing some favorite fabrics from my stash.


The milk can is a fun symbol of vintage farm life.


Please come back soon for more Farm Girl Vintage fun!
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. I also liked both of these blocks in 6" size. As all of your blocks, these too are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Amy, you have more than been making up for lost time and doing such a beautiful job of it too. Love these two blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFUL! I can hardly wait to see your finished quilt. I love your fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect colors and fabrics for your blocks!! I love the yellow for Mama Hen!!
    Susie

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and will read each and every one, even if I am not able to reply to all of them.