May 24, 2013

Celebrate! A New Mug Rug Pattern

This weekend I've got something to celebrate...
I've launched my new PDF pattern
for a fun and fresh new mug rug,
called...Celebrate!


I've gotta tell you that I didn't really plan
for this to be my next pattern,
but I've had the idea in my mind for a long time.


It came to life when
I made a kitchen-themed basket
for my son's Relay for Life team to raffle,
and I made this little mug rug as part of the prize.



I began with a Divided Basket
in a turquoise and lime color scheme.


I added a bunch of fun turquoise and lime stuff, 
like napkins, a silicone trivet,
a candle, some straws, and some picnic plates.


Here's the back of the basket.



See that Denyse Schmidt print I picked up at my JoAnn store?
I featured it, adding a sweet lime polka dot
and a fabulous turquoise chevron from Riley Blake!


I filled it with some more handmade goodies...
and some pretty coasters.


I know you want to see more of those coasters, right?


I whipped them up using my own Moda Bake Shop tutorial.



I'm hoping the winner of the basket
will feel happy each time she uses it.
:)


When I made my little mug rug,
I took some photos and made some notes...
and now I've got the pattern ready for sale!


There's something for everyone here...
a bit of applique using fusible webbing...


And a wee bit of embroidery...


All tied together with some bright binding.


You can find the Celebrate Mug Rug pattern 

in honor of Memorial Day...
even more reason to celebrate!}




It's also available in my shop on Etsy,





Pin It

11 comments:

  1. Well, I love it all! The mug rug, coasters, basket and the tea towel. What a special auction donation. Anyone should feel privileged to have the winning bid and take this home!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous. This is one of my fav color combos. Delicious!!! LOVE that basket!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous! I love this color scheme. And the new pattern for a mug rug is delightful! It will make a wonderful hostess gift!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful gift set!! I have had my eye on that pattern for a while. Just haven't had time to order it and create it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything in the gift basket is gorgeous and your new mug rug is beautiful, love the design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that mug rug - and love that divided basket too - what gorgeous colours!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a pretty gift set! I love the new mug rug pattern too! Aqua and green are making their way to the top of my "must have" list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning - as always - everything you make looks so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just keep looking and looking at this post....I love it all!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your divided basket. So cute! I just went and bought the pattern. I haven't seen that DS print at Joann's. Do you remember which line it's from?

    ReplyDelete
  11. So, so cute. What a beautiful basket you put together. I love the little mug rug. Don't mind if I do....

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and will read each and every one, even if I am not able to reply to all of them.