May 15, 2013

Christmas Basket for May

All of my regular visitors know that
and that I'm trying to make at least one



I'm all excited that I combined the two goals
this month, when I created my latest


Even though most of my projects for Christmas 2013
have used Cherry Christmas fabrics,
I strayed away from those prints,
opting instead for a basket that is more Winter-themed.

{No surprise that I love the ice blue and lime green together.}


For the accent on the pocket and the handles,
I stepped out and used one of my beloved Boho Girl prints!
This basket could be used all winter,
and not just for Christmas.


As much as I like the front...
I really adore the back, with the little trees
and children making snow angels!

{These prints are from 12 Joys of Christmas by Sheri Berry, from 2011.}


I really have this pattern down now...
and it's a source of relaxation for me to whip one up.
It's my new go-to gift project, too.

Last week, I needed a lovely
Mother's Day present for my mother-in-law.
She has pretty peach and blue tones in her kitchen,
so I selected some Buttercup prints
by Fig Tree Quilts for Moda.


She loved her present...
maybe she'll use it for eating outside this summer.
It would be great for carrying napkins and utensils.


The back is just as pretty as the front!


I have yet to leave out the pocket detail,
even though that's a suggested design option.


Come back soon...I hope to have at least one more basket project
to show before the merry month of May is over!
Pin It

12 comments:

  1. I must try to make one of those divided baskets. I love every single one I have ever seen! Your color choices are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these. Do you think you'll ever have any in your etsy shop? Custom orders?

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very nice pattern and I admire your fabrics choice, as always, makes the difference. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, your fabric choices are exquisite and so elegant!
    I like the winter fabrics.... cute way to enjoy them!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those winter colors Amy! Is that one collection? Crisp, like a sunny winter's day. And my mom would love the Fig tree colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so great. I can't wait to make mine. I love this as a go-to gift!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All your baskets are beautiful, I love how the different fabrics give them a different feel. The snow angel fabric is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The baskets are just wonderful ...and i agree with the choice of fabrics being more winter themed rather than Christmas.You just get more use out of it!

    have a great weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your choice of fabrics, as usual, is perfect. I love all of these.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that winter basket! The kids are so cute on it! I am also very, very partial to blue and green haha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Amy,
    I got your LinkedIn note - thanks! This is a cool fabric basket. I have a similar pattern you might also like, the Special Occasion Gift Tote - its a bucket-style canvas tote, with 6 interior dividers for gifts and what-not and a cute little pocket on front for a gift card. I intended it for Baby Shower Gifts, you know to hold all those cute toiletries and stuff, but people have used it for all kinds of things, like filled with goodies housewarming gifts, birthday treats, care packages, etc. Give it a look! Its really fun and easy and I like the combination of the canvas and the quilting cottons. Here is the link:
    http://www.sewfun.com/2012/10/12/special-occasion-gift-tote-pattern/
    -Jennifer
    Sew Fun

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and will read each and every one, even if I am not able to reply to all of them.